Booking Terms & Conditions
The Dorchester is a self-catered family resort and not a party venue. We have a strict NO PARTIES POLICY. Please read the policy before booking.
- American Express is not accepted
- All guest are required to present a valid photo ID upon check-in.
- Apartments sleep 6 guests. A 7th guest is allowed at an additional cost.
- Council registration and fire safety rules state NO MORE THAN 7 GUESTS are allowed in an apartment.
- The minimum booking age is 21 years old.
- The Hyundai IMAX People Mover Van will not get into the basement car park.
- We recommend travel insurance to cover unexpected circumstances.
We all appreciate and understand the challenges associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. Management has the absolute discretion if travel restrictions are in place and management considers that it is unlikely you will be able to travel four weeks prior to your arrival it is required to cancel your booking with a 100% refund or transfer your booking to another date. If you choose not to cancel or transfer your booking when requested, you will be charged for the full amount of your booking with no refund.
If a snap lockdown occurs within the four weeks prior to your arrival you will receive a full 100% refund, or you can choose to move your booking to another date. Otherwise, normal deposit and booking/cancellations terms apply.
Covid-19 is no longer a mystery and if you book and try to cancel within the non-cancellation period, we will try to resell your accommodation dates but if we cannot re-sell your travel dates, then you will be responsible for the full amount of your booking. Please be aware that if you make a booking it is your responsibility to honour it within the booking terms and conditions.
General Terms and Conditions.
Special terms and conditions which override the general terms and conditions can apply to specific packages and bookings in peak periods and special holiday periods.
We require 1 nights deposit at time of booking payable via Visa or MasterCard.
Full payment is due on arrival. Check-in time is on or after 2 pm (14:00). Check-out time is before 10 am, unless prior arrangements have been made.
A security deposit of a minimum AUD$300 is charged upon check-in. This can be paid via Visa or Mastercard and is refundable upon check-out, if there are no damages or outstanding charges.
Cancellation Rules and Fees
If cancelled up to 14 days before arrival, 100 percent of the total amount will be forfeited.
If cancelled more than 14 days before arrival, 100 percent of the deposit will be forfeited.
If cancelled more than 28 days before arrival, $50 dollars of the deposit will be forfeited.
Peak Period & Special Holiday Terms and Conditions
We require 30% deposit of the total value of the booking at the time of booking, payable via Visa or Mastercard.
Full payment is due 30 days before check-in.
Peak Period & Special Holiday Cancellation Rules and Fees
12 December 2021 – 30 January 2022
1 April 2022 – 18 April 2022
24 June 2022 – 11 July 2022
16 September 2022 – 3 October 2022
9 December 2022 – 29 January 2023
If cancelled up to 30 days before arrival, 100 percent of the total amount will be forfeited unless we can resell the whole booking.
If cancelled 31 – 60 days before arrival, 100 percent of the deposit will be forfeited.
If cancelled more than 61 days before arrival, $50 dollars of the deposit will be forfeited.
We recommend travel insurance to cover unexpected circumstances.
Advance Purchase Packages must be Paid in Full on booking.
No changes or cancellations are allowed.
No Parties Policy
The Dorchester is a family holiday apartment building, it is not a party venue and cannot be booked for parties.
Residents in the building are entitled to the quiet enjoyment of their apartments. Behaviour which is offensive, inappropriate or interferes with the comfort and safety of other people on the property is unacceptable.
- Management reserves the right to refuse bookings which they assess as likely to lead to a breach of the No Parties Policy.
- The Dorchester is a Self-Contained Family hi-rise & does not cater for PARTY GROUPS OF ANY KIND, we have a strict “NO Party Policy!” This includes no hen’s or bridal parties, no bucks parties, no festival attendees, or rugby/football groups, no groups of singles at all, attending festivals on the Gold Coast. No one under 25 unless travelling with parents.
- Dorchester on the Beach does not accept Schoolies bookings. The property does not have the policies, procedures or resources to accommodate the unique needs of school leavers during the annual Schoolies Period. In particular it does not have adequate resources to engage qualified security personnel to guarantee the safety, comfort and convenience of guests during this period. For this reason we reserve the right to reject bookings from school and/or university leavers for the entire Schoolies period. If you front up for your booking and we find you are a group of singles or party group or any of the above groups you will be turned away and will be liable for the full amount of your stay.
- If you hold a party during your stay which interferes with the comfort and safety of other people on the premises, security will remove you from the building and you will be liable for the full amount for your booking.
No Schoolies bookings
Dorchester on the Beach does not accept Schoolies bookings. The property does not have the policies, procedures or resources to accommodate the unique needs of school leavers during the annual Schoolies Period. The property does not have adequate resources to engage qualified security personnel to guarantee the safety, comfort and convenience of guests during this period. For these reasons we reserve the right to reject bookings from school and/or university leavers for the entire Schoolies period.
Please consider where you are going to park your car. There is one (1) car park per apartment. Access to the basement car park allows vehicles no higher than 1.9 metres.
An Hyundia IMAX people mover WILL NOT get into the basement car park.
A KIA Carnival van will fit under the building and can be rented from ABAA Car Rentals along with other small and medium size cars www.abaacarrentals.com.au Australia Freecall 1800 822 059 – mention that you are staying at Dorchester on the Beach for your preferred rate.